Translate

Monday, August 24, 2009

Skeletool Hack


I'm a knife and multi-tool nut. I'm not sure how many multi-tools I own but I'm sure it's more than 10. Gerber, Leatherman, Victoronox and many off brands. I even have the original hand made Leatherman. I've yet to find the perfect one but I think I love the search more than anything.

My latest love is the Skeletool from Leatherman. There is just no description as to how handy and cool this tool is. The only problem is that I got one of the early ones. They have this annoying habit of loosing the screwdriver bits. To date I've replaced 3. The newer ones don't do that. Leatherman will "fix" the problem under their lifetime warranty of course. I don't want to be without my tool for that long and being a somewhat DIY - self proclaimed life hacker if you will...

Here is my hack:



After I cut the chunk of metal I realized you could just use a standard staple. This won't keep the tool from letting go as you work but it will keep the bit in the tool when it's in your pocket. That's when mine tend to go MIA. (oh and sorry for the picture quality - the cam/phone doesn't have a macro mode.)

No comments: