Translate

Saturday, October 09, 2010

Yesterday at the grocery store as I straightened the shopping carts so that mine and several others could fit in the corral, the woman behind me made the comment: "That was nice of you". 

Yes.  I guess it was.  But it bothers me that it was out of the ordinary enough for someone else to notice.  It's been bugging me ever since.


The last time I was at the store some Jersey shore knockoff with her two progeny forced their way in front of an older woman in line and then in the parking lot one of the two girls kinda pushed the shopping cart in the general direction of the corral as her mother blabbed on her phone and threw the Escelade into reverse without looking.

Every day I do things like taking a cart in from the lot, holding doors for people, helping to carry things and turning my cell off in meetings and movies - only to have doors slammed in my face, oblivious morons standing in the way as I carry heavy loads, and self important a-holes treating the theater like it's their living room.

I'm not saying I'm Mr. Perfect manners but my mother raised me to be polite and even sometimes helpful.  Didn't yours?

No comments: