Translate

Monday, September 12, 2011

iTunes / PayPal scam?

So a couple of years ago I went through the painful process of setting up iTunes so that my kids purchases from their iPods would be paid for via my PayPal account.  The process was so annoying and the experience of dealing with Apple "support" so abysmal that I swore off purchasing any more Apple products.

Over the weekend I was rewarded by seeing charges appear on my PayPal account that could not have been made by either one of my sons as one 'pod died a watery death and the other has been abandoned and uncharged for months due to the acquisition of an Android phone by my oldest.

So this morning - after another story confirmed my decision by detailing mysterious (but different) charges on iTunes - I canceled my payment agreement with the iTunes store. 

Apple has seen my last dollar.

No comments: